Swarm Catch Class
Local survivor swarms are the best!
Learn practical skills to catch swarms.
2 hour class
Location: Urban Bees and Gardens in NE Portland OR.
- How to catch and pour bees into hives using both the clip and shake methods.
- Essentials for your swarm kit.
- Key questions to ask before heading out.
- Getting on lists to increase your bee bagging odds.
- What to do to make sure your bees make it in case of a cold snap.
- Working examples of advanced tools - the “bee vac” and “flying string purse” on hand to handle.
Images and vids of some of swarm catches
to stoke your interest!