NEW or USED Insulated 2-boxes tall Lang hives
UBAG Lang hives have these features:
- Bottom board spacer that holds herbal leaf matter or other organic matter to increase hives’ natural “tree like” probiotic conditions. Allows limited air flow and adequate bee access.
- 10 frame deep box pine or fir finger joints are glued, screwed, nailed and coated with organic propolis and beeswax for ideal probiotic conditions.
- Used boxes will have variety of drawn comb and not, touches of propolis. Some might argue better than new...
- Wood frames are glued, set with 1” long staples in 6 orientations. ¾” short wood “centering guides” placed in frames to guide centered centered vs crosscombing. Why foundationless frames?
- Propolis trap on top encourages ample propolis collecting. Harvest in mid summer.
- Light / durable telescoping top prevents rain.
- 2” insulation on four sides and top:
- Reduces bees' food intake and stress levels needed to maintain the high 90s temp and 85% humidity ideal for baby bee (brood) rearing.
- Can reduce mite presence 5 fold.
- Lets you set up hives' second box right away, vs adding it later.
For pick up at Urban Bees and Gardens (map) only at this time.